LibraryLil

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

wha.tev.er

I really, really, really want to know why del.icio.us is written/punctuated the way it is. It drives me crazy. Perhaps someday I will go on my rant about how the lack of caring about proper grammar and punctuation is helping to doom this country, especially future generations. And, before any of you can jump to conclusions and be sure that I just like to rant about how younger generations are inferior to older generations, let me tell you that I am 28 years old.

Anyway, now that my frustration over the name is out of the way, at least for the moment, let's move on to my evaluation of the thing itself. Now, those who have been reading previous posts have probably figured out that while I don't run away screaming from new technologies, I don't easily trust the opinions of others (especially those I have never met) and I am not a big fan of reinventing the wheel. Prior to learning about the fu.n that is del.icio.us, I used bookmarks. Yes, throughout the day I use multiple computers. But I don’t use the same sites when I’m on desk that I do when I’m at home, so the benefit of having my bookmarks from computer to computer doesn’t really help me. And yes, I can figure out what bookmarks other people are using through their tags, but we’ve already discussed my distrust of something simply because it is deemed worthy by masses of complete strangers.

Bottom line on del.icio.us? I find it not so tasty.

1 Comments:

At 6:01 PM, Blogger HeleneB said...

Lil,

Luv the title. It used to irratate me too, but then I finally got over it. But the trend is blooming powered by new domain ending .us. As I've recently learned they call this a domain hack http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domain_hack

 

Post a Comment

<< Home