LibraryLil

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Zoho: Not sure what direction from Houston Street

For thing #18 (told you I was out of order!) I took a look at Zoho Writer, a web-based application, which basically means it's a word processing program (like Word) that you access through the internet and don't need to actually have software. I wasn't really aware that programs like this exist, so I am really glad that this was on the list.

Zoho Writer is easy to use and figure out, especially if you have used other word processing programs, like Word or Word Perfect. (I miss Word Perfect.) There are lots of additional cool things you can do, too, like insert emotions (think smiley faces) or do strikethrough, which I always wondered how people did. I didn't use the group function, but as someone who has written quite a few group papers in the past 2+ years, I certainly think it has possibilities.

I tried to post directly from Zoho Writer, but it couldn't find my blogger username or password; it kept telling me they were invalid. I retyped 4 times, so I know I had it right. But problems aside, I liked Zoho Writer and will use it again.

1 Comments:

At 2:32 PM, Blogger Arvind said...

Hi Emily,

I'm Arvind, from Zoho Writer.

Thanks for trying out Zoho Writer & glad that you like it!

Sorry that you are facing this issue of not being able to connect to your blog. We are facing some intermittent problems when posting to Blogger.com blogs. Actually, there is something wrong with Blogger's Atom API that Zoho Writer depends on. This thread has the details. We are waiting for the Google Blogger team to find the root cause of this issue. In the meantime, can you check the workaround posted here?

http://forums.zohowriter.com/viewtopic.php?p=53287#53287

Do try posting using the above methodology. If you still face any issues, you can write to me at aravind[at]zoho[dot]com.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Kindly bear with us till we get this issue fully resolved.

Regards,
Arvind
http://blogs.zoho.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home