LibraryLil

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

These are a few of my favorite things

To give us a place to play with wikis, PLCMC created a place for us to list our favorite something-or-other: music, books, restaurant, etc. I found the page very easy to edit and use, so I can now officially say I have used a wiki, and they really are pretty cool.

So, in honor of the theme of this exercise, I am going to give you a list of some of my favorites.
Place: Gambier, Ohio (home of Kenyon College)
Movies: Sneakers, Hoosiers, The Princess Bride, Strictly Ballroom
Picture book, contemporary: Click Clack Moo
Picture book, in childhood: The First Tulips of Holland
Juvenile Fiction book: too many to pick just one
YA author: Chris Crutcher
Grown-up book: To Kill a Mockingbird
2nd Favorite Grown-Up book: O Pioneers!
Food: Bread & Cheese
Color: Purple
Restaurant in Wooster, Ohio: El Canelo
Restaurant in East Lansing, MI: Omi, better known as the Blue Sushi Place
Music: (this is what I posted as part of the wiki exercise) I am a huge Elton John fan. I like a little bit of everything, though oldies and American standards are probably my favorites. I remember asking my mom when I was about 8 if there would be "really oldies" radio stations when I was grown-up. I had figured out that the music that was current at the time would be my generation's oldies, and I was worried that 50's and 60's music would no longer be on the radio.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home