LibraryLil

Friday, September 08, 2006

Finding Feeds

This post actually belongs on the heels of last week's post about RSS, but I didn't have the time to elaborate on how I found the feeds I am currently getting via my bloglines account. Several sites made specifically for finding RSS feeds that were recommended to us are Feedster, Topix, and Syndic8. I tried Feedster, Topix, and Technorati, and found all of them incredibly difficult to navigate. After trying 2 searches on each and not understanding my search results, I decided that the best way to find feeds were to go to sites that had things I was already familiar with and interested in and see if they were armed and ready with RSS capabilities.

I'm slightly less wary of RSS than I was when I first tried it, though I don't know how much I'll use it after this project. I like being able to "monitor" my coworker's blogs and know when they have new posts, and it's great to know that Unshelved will be there everyday, as well as the local weather report. But the news headlines contain about 50 stories a day, and I admit to clicking on them once a day to make the bold headlines go away. If it were 5 a day, I would read them all, but I thought part of the point was to get rid of unwanted stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home