LibraryLil

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Ask and you shall receive

The greatest thing about libraries is that all you have to do is be willing to ask the question, and you will (almost always) get an answer. And if library staff read your blog and you post a question there, you will get an answer! (Well, it worked for me.)

I recently bemoaned the spelling of the website del.icio.us. The wonderful Helene B., who is reading all of our blogs, has supplied the answer. There is a new domain that ends in .us, and there is a new trend to create a web address that is a pun. I like puns, so this should mean that I can tolerate the crazy spelling better, but I still think it is annoying. Though at least I understand the reasoning behind it now. This trend, by the way, is called a domain hack, and you can learn more about it here. Thanks, Helene!

(Incidentally, when I say she is reading all of our blogs, I meant those who are blogging as a part of PLCMC's 23 things. If you just happened to find this blog out there in cyberspace, or if you are a friend or relative, Helene B. may not, in fact, be reading your blog.)

1 Comments:

At 7:50 PM, Blogger HeleneB said...

Hi Lil,

You are correct --- all the L2 ones keep me busy as is. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home