LibraryLil

Tuesday, January 05, 2010

My House, Gingerbread Style

Many of my friends and family have been demanding more house pictures, and they are coming, I promise. But in the meantime, here is a different view of my house.




Yup, that's a scale (we think) model of my house made out of gingerbread. So my friend A, who likes to take on big projects, decided it would be fun to make a gingerbread house. Okay, so do thousands of families. Then he decided that he should make my house out of gingerbread. Okay, a little ambitious, but a cool idea. Then he decided that typical gingerbread sheets were not sufficient, and so he would make bricks out of gingerbread. I pointed out that my house is not brick. This did not seem to matter.

I was actually quite impressed with how it turned out. All the windows and all the doors (4!) are there. Here's the view of the back of the house:



The back roof is a big piece, and we needed some support. But A insisted the entire thing be edible. So he created a support out of the tools we had.



And here are a few shots of it decorated. The decoration does not follow the actual look of the house.





It was pretty much an all-day activity, but we had a good time. And how cool is it to have your house made out of gingerbread?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home