LibraryLil

Friday, November 06, 2009

Last Night

Not as in the night before this night, but as in my last night in my apartment. Which didn't really hit me until like 15 minutes ago. I've lived here for 3 1/2 years. Not overly nostalgic about it, but it has been my home since I moved to Charlotte. I had some good times here. And some heartbreaking times. Like all homes, I suppose. I think the single thing I am looking forward to most is not sharing walls anymore. And no more parking lot noise.

When I was moving some of my stuff in today, I met the next-door-neighbor on the left side. Or, I should say, re-met. Turns out she works for the library system, too! We met 2 years ago when we both walked in the local Thanksgiving parade for the library. We did the "you look familiar" thing, and I just can't believe it, to tell you the truth. Small world!

I'm off to sleep in my apartment for the last time. Today exhausted me! Don't even want to think how tired I'll be tomorrow! But then, maybe the exhaustion will help, sleeping in a new place will take some getting used to, no matter how excited I am about the house. Good night!

1 Comments:

At 11:40 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Congratulations on your house. It is beautiful! We are moving soon so may have some yard equipment for you if you need it.

p.s. Glad you resurrected your blog too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home